Join us for an exciting cruise aboard our hybrid-powered expedition ship along the Pacific coast of Canada and Alaska. We visit native villages with totem poles, see quaint fishing villages, explore vestiges of the gold rush and discover amazing wildlife. Experience the Inside Passage´s protected waterways and beautiful islands on an unforgettable journey.
Sailing from Vancouver, we follow the Inside Passage through protected channels between coastal British Columbia and Alaska. Along the way, we scan for wildlife like whales, orcas, bears, sea otters, seals and sea lions.
Rich Culture and Living History
This Alaskan expedition cruise will visit small towns and villages like Ketchikan, Juneau and Haines. The port of Wrangell seems frozen in time, revealing the life of a typical remote fishing town. Sitka, the center of past Russian presence in Alaska, takes us back through the milestones of Alaskan history.
Petersburg gives us a taste of Norway due to its strong Scandinavian roots. Icy Strait Point and Alert Bay are lands of native communities and the true guardians of the Inside Passage. Local people will share their rich heritage and remarkable artwork with you.
Unmatched Scenery and Wildlife
Throughout the journey, the immense Alaskan wilderness slowly reveals its magic – wide open spaces, incredible wildlife, lush rainforests, deep fjords and rugged glaciers. Experience all of British Columbia and Southeast Alaska’s majesty on one cruise for an unforgettable expedition.
Follow the Inside Passage from British Columbia to the mountains of Alaska
Spend time whale watching from on deck
Experience the rich diversity of towns and cultures along the Pacific coast
Discover the northernmost rainforest in the world
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer from ship to hotel in Vancouver
- One hotel night in Vancouver after the voyage, incl. breakfast
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Visa for U.S. and Canada - for details please see Visa information in our Entry Requirements