Explore the rugged Pacific frontier of North America as we visit native villages full of totem poles and call on quaint fishing villages. This expedition cruise explores the Inside Passage´s protected waterways and beautiful forested islands to experience amazing wildlife. Join us aboard our hybrid-powered expedition ship for an unforgettable journey.
Sailing from Juneau, we follow the Inside Passage through protected channels between Southeast Alaska and coastal British Columbia. Along the way, we scan for wildlife, including whales, orcas, bears, sea otters, seals and sea lions.
Rich Culture and Living History
Visiting small Alaskan towns, such as Wrangell and Petersburg before making our way down to British Columbia for where we explore the small towns of Prince Rupert and Alert Bay. Petersburg gives us a taste of Norway due to its strong Scandinavian roots whilst Wrangell is steeped in so much history along with magnificent scenery and wildlife opportunities. Alert Bay is a charming community of with local people happy to share their stories and rich history with us.
Unmatched Scenery and Wildlife
Experience spectacular scenery through immense wilderness – lush rainforests, wide open spaces, small islands dotted throughout - all combine to create an unforgettable expedition cruise.
Follow the Inside Passage from the mountains of Alaska to the pacific coastline of British Columbia
Spend time whale watching from on deck
Experience the rich diversity of towns and cultures along the Pacific Northwest coast
Discover the northernmost rainforest in the world
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails.
Safety is always our top priority.
We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling