Join us on an expedition cruise to visit fascinating cultures, sail in remote polar waters amidst glaciers and icebegs, and watch for rich marine and terrestial wildlife. Our advanced hybrid-powered ship explores islands and fjords in its quest to discover horned puffins, brown bears, shoreline beauty, amazing fossil forests and dramatic volcanoes.
The Magical Inside Passage
From Vancouver, we follow the Inside Passage between British Columbia and Alaska. Along the way, we scan for rich wildlife: whales, bears, sea otters and sea lions.
In Ketchikan and Sitka, you can explore cultural and historical highlights and visit restaurants, museums and shops. At Icy Strait Point, we will learn about the Tlingit culture and enjoy a wide range of activity options.
Disenchantment Bay and Glaciers
Next, our ice-resistant ship will venture through Disenchantment Bay to see the spectacular Hubbard Glacier. We hope to spot brown bears on this voyage, particularly at Kinak Bay in beautiful Katmai National Park. We will also have the chance to visit Unga village, an eerie ghost town with picturesque ruins.
Aleutians and Nome Sweet Nome
Next, we reach the Aleutians and Dutch Harbor, home to the "Deadliest Catch" fleet. At the island of St. Paul, we will encounter the habitat of Northern fur seals and masses of sea birds.
Our final exploration days will be spent in the untouched Bering Sea Wilderness. At last, we head into the town of Nome, which was the end point for two of Roald Amundsen's expeditions, and it is where we end this exciting voyage!
Discover the unmatched magnificence of coastal Alaska
Explore the fascinating Aleutian Islands, home of the “Deadliest Catch” TV show
Good chance to see brown bears
Experience the landscape in glorious autumn colors
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer from ship to airport in Nome
- Coach-class flight from Nome to Vancouver
- Transfer airport to hotel in Vancouver
- One hotel night in Vancouver after the voyage, incl. breakfast
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Visa for U.S. and Canada - for details please see visa information in our Entry Requirements
- This cruise is not suitable for guests using wheelchairs due to the possibility of using tender boats during embarkation or disembarkation.