Join us for an expedition cruise from exciting New York to the tropical paradises of the Caribbean and Central America. Visit historic cities, enjoy sandy beaches, swim in crystal-clear waters and spot diverse wildlife. We explore seven countries and tropical wonders from the Big Apple to the rainforests of Costa Rica.
Seven Faces of Paradise
Join us on this extensive Caribbean cruise with MS Roald Amundsen, covering seven countries in North and Central America: the USA, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Colombia, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
Starting in the non-stop energy of New York City, we head to Charleston, South Carolina, considered to be one of America’s greatest historic treasures, before stopping at the laid-back city of Key West, Florida, renowned for rich coral reefs and charming pastel-tinted houses.
Natural and Cultural Beauty
We sail further south to experience some of the remote islands of the Caribbean. Visit Isla de Providencia, Corn Island and San Andrés where you can relax at the beach, snorkel among stunning tropical fish, experience Creole traditions and enjoy the Caribbean live-and-let-live lifestyle.
Ocean Serenity and Wildlife
This is a far-ranging voyage and offers relaxing days at sea to spend at your leisure. Join in lectures or other activities or simply relax and enjoy the ship´s facilities. All along the way, the expedition team will share their knowledge and inspire your curiosity and wonder. At times, our expedition ship will be escorted by seabirds, and other times by playful dolphins.
Our adventure ends in colorful Puerto Limón, Costa Rica.
Sail from New York City and explore the highlights of the Caribbean
Enjoy an extensive cruise covering a fantastic range of experiences in seven countries
Visit tropical island paradises and lovely sandy beaches
Discover rich cultures and abundant wildlife
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer from ship in Puerto Limón to hotel in San José including lunch and an excursion
- One hotel night in San José after the voyage including breakfast
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Visa for USA (ESTA) is required
- On this trip, a vaccine for yellow fever is required. The vaccination must be done at least 10 days before your departure. Please bring the vaccination certificate on your expedition cruise.
For more details please see Entry Requirements