Join us on an adventurous cruise to Central America. We sail from Ecuador and call on remote towns and islands, discover lush rainforests, scout for wildlife and visit architectural treasures along the Pacific coast of Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua before arriving in colorful Mexico.
Six Tropical Treasures
Discover the beauty of Latin America’s Pacific coast. Enjoy the tropical climate as we sail to discover historic culture, beautiful landscapes and rich wildlife in six unique countries.
Across the Equator
We start our voyage in Ecuador, and cross Equator as we sail north to our first calls on Colombia’s Pacific coast. Next, we visit Gorgona Island, a beautiful tropical isle and national park with lush green rainforest and fascinating volcanic rock formations. Here we´ll find the village of Bahia Solano, located in splendid isolation, for wildlife watching or enjoying a range of activities.
Panamanian Park and Costa Rican Relaxing
In Panama, we call on Darien National Park, home to the Embras community and remarkable flora and wildlife. Cebaco Island offers great hiking opportunities through its tropical rainforest.
Throughout the expedition cruise, you can enjoy the slow pace of life, unwind on the beach, or swim in the warm waters. Our next stops at Quepos and Golfito in Costa Rica offer fantastic activities.
Nicaragua and Mexico
Nicaragua’s San Juan del Sur is the perfect setting for a relaxed day on a sandy beach, before we sail north to Acapulco, Mexico, which invites you for a stroll through its historic center and the botanical garden. Finally, we set sail northbound to La Paz, the capital of Baja California in Mexico to complete our adventure.
Experience the best of Latin America – six countries on one expedition cruise
Explore stunning landscapes, balmy climates and colorful cultures
Get close to rich biodiversity - monkeys, mangroves, humming birds and more
Visit amazing national parks
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Guayaquil before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer from hotel to ship including a city tour
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling