Extraordinary and full of surprises, Iceland is an amazing natural and cultural destination. On our circumnavigation of the island, you encounter teeming wildlife, rich culture and welcoming people. Only Iceland offers surreal lava fields, bubbling hot springs, amazing Viking heritage and unmatched wildlife. Experience it all on this expedition cruise.
Wilderness and Viking History
Experience the best of Iceland on our expedition cruise around Iceland, the North Atlantic island nation. Our extensive voyage takes you to see a large variety of fascinating nature, wildlife and settlements.
The westen region of Iceland features spectacular scenery and is home to thrilling Viking sagas, a key part of Icelandic mythology. A highlight in the west is the Westfjords, a spectacular nature reserve where teeming bird cliffs are in abundance.
Lava and Whales
As sail north, scout for whales, as the landscape changes into vast lava fields and volcanic mountains. Grimsey is where the Arctic Circle touches Iceland, and we make sure to cross the legendary boundary before heading south towards the eastern part of the country.
Along the east coast, the nature changes again. Now we encounter thick forests, lush farmlands and colorful fishing villages. Whales and other wildlife might be spotted as we sail south towards the region’s remakable volcanic islands, while our expedtion team entertains you with the rich stories and sagas of the Vestmannaeyr.
Join us on this voyage of discovery and adventure and stay a few extra days to discover the many attractions in Reykjavik!
Explore mystical Iceland – the land of fire and ice
See fascinating nature with waterfalls, volcanoes and glaciers side by side
Encounter a paradise for bird and whale watching
Completely circumnavigate Iceland
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities onboard and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’shot tubs, panoramic sauna,and indoor gyms
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Iceland
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the wellness and spa area
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected