Join us as we sail from the warm waters of the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, and along the western coast of South America to Lima, Peru. Explore the contrasts of modern cities and historic ancient civilizations, and enjoy days at sea at your leisure. End your voyage with a visit to fascinating Machu Picchu.
Transit the legendary Panama Canal
Visit fascinating Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo and the Sacsayhuamán fortress
Enjoy a combination of exciting sea and land adventures
Discover natural and cultural wonders, tropical beaches and inviting cities
- Hurtigruten Expedition Cruise in cabin grade of your choice
- Overnight in San José including breakfast before the cruise
- Two nights at Tambo del Inka Resort after the voyage including half board
- Overnight in Lima after the cruise including breakfast
- 3-course set lunch and dinner on day 11, 12 and lunch box on day 10
- Return economy flight Lima-Cusco-Lima
- All transfers and train rides as described, including English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees according to program
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts from various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introduction photo lecture, camera adjustment and tips & tricks, photo and film footage from the voyage shared in an Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for Suite guests)
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Rejuvenating Wellness Center with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-Fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- The land program in Peru is an active program that takes place at high altitudes (the city of Cusco's altitude is around 11,000 feet). Physical condition should be prepared for high altitudes.
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the most remote and pristine waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails.
Weather, ice and sea conditions set the final framework for all Hurtigruten operations. Safety and unparalleled guest experiences are at all times our top priorities.
All our indicative itineraries are continuously evaluated for adaptions, whether this is due to constraints that the elements unexpectedly present – or exciting possibilities nature and wildlife offer. That is why we call it an expedition.
- Expedition cruise starts in San José: October 3, 2020
- Ship departs from Puerto Limón: October 4, 2020
- Ship arrives in Callao/Lima: October 12, 2020
- Voyage ends in Lima: October 15, 2020