This voyage of rich culture and history calls on colorful towns and sails spectacular coastlines. We visit 10 ports of call in six countries on this exciting expedition cruise, starting in Germany, sailing south through the English Channel to explore the coastal highlights of France and Spain, and finally taking in the dramatic coast of Portugal.
Treasures of Europe
Our expedition cruise in European waters offers beautiful scenery, interesting ports and a less-traveled way to explore the continent´s cultural and natural treasures.
Each morning promises another fascinating and unique European discovery with amazing excursions awaiting you onshore.
Our expert expedition team leads lectures, activities and excursions that bring all the fascinating history, architecture and culture of Europe to life. We have handpicked a selection of memorable ports that feature some of the continent´s most intriguing sights, including many on the exclusive UNESCO World Heritage list.
In addition to European culture and history, this cruise offers the chance to experience some of the most beautiful places on the continent from aboard our new and advanced hybrid-powered expedition ship.
See UNESCO World Heritage sites along the European coast
Experience charming towns and beautiful islands
Learn about the history, culture and natural environment of the places we visit
Enjoy a overnight stay in Bordeaux
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts of various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions