This is a truly exciting and varied expedition cruise that combines the highlights of Antarctica, the stunning Chilean fjords, and the rich natural beauty of Patagonia. Our expert expedition team will take you out ice-cruising and on landings to get close to wildlife at every opportunity.
The Great White Continent of Antarctica
As the early explorers learned, Antarctica never fails to amaze and astound. The mighty frozen vistas, stunning glaciers and rich wildlife make your expedition cruise to Antarctica an unforgettable adventure.
Nature is in complete control on Antarctica. We will attempt landings on several sites in the South Shetlands and Antarctic Peninsula to show you the incredible diversity of landscapes and rich wildlife in this pristine wilderness.
Ice-cruising, Landings and Exciting Activities
Our expedition team is comprised of skilled professionals who will take you ice-cruising and on landings for exciting activities whenever conditions allow.
There may also be chances to kayak and hike in stunning surroundings, or even camp out on the most remote continent on Earth.
Onboard our comfortable hybrid-powered expedition ship, you can enjoy expert talks about Antarctica’s rich history and fascinating biology, wildlife photography, geology and more.
Cape Horn, Chilean Fjords & Patagonian Beauty
On our way back to civilization, we may land at famed Cape Horn. Then, we sail on to the fjords of Chile to discover the remote beauty of Patagonia. We continue our expedition cruise along the vast, rugged and beautiful Chilean coastline before the voyage ends in colorful Valparaíso.
Experience Antarctica and Patagonia in one expedition cruise
Enjoy ice-cruising, landings and incredible wildlife in Antarctica
Sail into the Chilean fjords in summer and see Cape Horn
Get the opportunity to visit Torres del Paine National Park
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Overnight in Santiago de Chile before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Santiago de Chile
- Coach-class flight from Santiago de Chile to Punta Arenas
- Transfer airport to ship in Punta Arenas including city tour and lunchbox
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team- an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that inform you about the sights you’ll see, while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule, and the weather, wind and ice conditions determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. This itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling