This exciting expedition cruise takes you from the beauty of the Chilean coast to magical Antarctica. Encounter Chile's spectacular fjords before sailing past Cape
Horn to the southern reaches of the Earth and experiencing such amazing polar adventures as ice-cruising and landings.
Discover the Natural Beauty of Patagonia
Starting in colorful Valparaíso, we sail along the Chilean coastline of snow-tipped volcanoes, beautiful lakes, raging rivers and lush vegetation. This vast, rugged and beautiful landscape never fails to amaze.
Chilean Fjords and Cape Horn
We journey into the remote fjords of Chile, an area that seems almost untouched by humans. Steep valleys and powerful mountains make a striking contrast to a lush coastline rich in wildlife. On our way south, we pass the famed Cape Horn.
Exploring the Great White Continent
At the last great untouched continent of Antarctica, we will attempt landings to come close to penguins, seals, whales and large flocks of sea birds in a surreal and beautiful icescape.
Our expert expedition team will lead ice-cruising and exciting landing activities to ensure an unforgettable voyage.
There may be a chance to kayak in the company of whales and icebergs, hike in amazing scenery, and even camp on the world´s most remote continent. Our experienced captain works with the elements to create the best possible itinerary for your adventure.
Heading home, enjoy fascinating talks and lectures in our Science Center as we cross Drake Passage en route to Punta Arenas.
Experience Patagonia and Antarctica in one expedition cruise
Discover the magnificent Chilean fjords
See Cape Horn and cross the Drake Passage
Enjoy ice-cruising, landings and wildlife encounters in Antarctica
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer ship to airport in Punta Arenas
- Coach-class flight from Punta Arenas to Santiago de Chile
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including small boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that inform you about the sights you’ll see, while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule, and the weather, wind and ice conditions determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. Therefore, this itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling