Sail in the wake of the great explorers to experience the Chilean fjords, the Falklands and majestic Antarctica in one extraordinary expedition cruise. Enjoy chances to see wildlife like penguins, whales and seals amidst icebergs and stunning natural beauty. Along the way, our expedition team leads exciting ice-cruising and landing activities to ensure an unforgettable voyage.
From Stunning Fjords to Teeming Wildlife
This expedition cruise to Antarctica will introduce you to the remote natural beauty of Patagonia before crossing Drake Passage to the wildlife-rich and scenic allure of the planet’s southern reaches.
Endless Beauty and Fascinating History
In Antarctica, we will attempt landings at several sites in the South Shetlands and Antarctic Peninsula to show you the incredible diversity of landscapes and rich wildlife.
This is true wilderness, so the elements rule and will determine our final itinerary. At every opportunity, our expedition team will take you ice-cruising and ashore during landings to experience these extraordinary places.
There may also be opportunities to kayak and hike in magnificent surroundings, or even spend the night in a tent on the most isolated continent in the world.
A World of Contrasts
The final part of your expedition cruise comes as we set course for the magical Falkland Islands to discover a world of contrasts, from the pubs of Stanley to the vast white sand beaches and rich wildlife of the countryside.
Experience the unique beauty of Patagonia, Antarctica and the Falkland Islands
Join in a possible landing at legendary Cape Horn
Get great chances to see wildlife – penguins, seals, whales and more
Enjoy exciting ice-cruising and landing activities led by our expert expedition team
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Overnight in Santiago de Chile before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Santiago de Chile
- Coach-class flights between Santiago de Chile and Punta Arenas
- Transfer airport to ship in Punta Arenas including city tour and lunchbox
- Transfer ship to airport in Punta Arenas
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including small boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that inform you about the sights you’ll see, while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule, and the weather, wind and ice conditions determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. This itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling