Join us on a fantastic expedition cruise to the Falklands and untouched South Georgia before our ultimate exploration of Antarctica. Our team of experts from Norway and around the world take you ice-cruising and on landings to hike, explore and get close to wildlife on the most remote continent on Earth.
Remote and Truly Awesome
Join us to go far beyond the horizon and explore the largest true wilderness on Earth. Nature is in command here, so expect the unexpected as we sail into the powerful beauty of Antarctica.
Starting in Buenos Aires, you can discover the “Paris of South America” before embarking on MS Fram in Ushuaia, as we set a course through scenic Beagle Channel.
Our expedition cruise begins as we sail the open sea to the Falkland Islands, with their vast horizons, white sandy beaches and abundance of wildlife like penguins and albatrosses.
Captivating South Georgia
Onboard lectures prepare you for our visit to South Georgia, to discover mountainous fjords, historic whaling stations and long beaches with a rich variety of wildlife.
The Wonder of Antarctica
Thanks to MS Fram’s small size, she has the largest range of landing sites in Antarctica for your expedition cruise. Depending on conditions, we will visit various landing sites on the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula, and show you the diversity of the region´s wildlife and landscapes.
The expedition team seizes evey opportunity to take you hiking or ice-cruising, to kayak amidst icebergs or camp in the footsteps of the great explorers.
Enjoy landings to see thousands of animals: seals, penguins, birds and whales
Hike, kayak and go ice-cruising in stunning Antarctica, Falklands and South Georgia
Get the chance to come ashore on isolated beaches and spend the night in a tent
Experience an in-depth exploration of the “Galapagos of the Poles,” South Georgia, home to vast numbers of King penguins
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Coach-class flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
- Transfers in Ushuaia, incl. an orientation tour
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
Coffee and tea included throughout the day
Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule. The weather, wind and ice conditions will determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. Therefore, this itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability contingent on weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group explorer photo program with our expedition photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling