Join our most extreme expedition cruise to the Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica, as we attempt to cross the legendary Antarctic Circle. We venture far into remote waters to explore with ice-cruising, landings and activities designed for you to discreetly behold areas teeming with wildlife, including penguins, seals, birds, whales and more.
Beyond the Horizon
Nature rules in this magnificent wilderness, so it’s best to travel with an open mind and expect the unexpected on this truly exciting expedition cruise to Antarctica.
Starting in Buenos Aires, discover the “Paris of South America” before embarking on MS Fram in Ushuaia, the world's southernmost town. From there, we set a course through scenic Beagle Channel.
We cross the open sea before reaching the endless horizons, white sandy beaches and wildlife - like penguins and albatrosses - on the Falklands.
Captivating South Georgia
Onboard lectures will prepare you for the incomparable diversity of life on South Georgia, where mountainous fjords and vast beaches provide the perfect environment for wildlife to flourish.
The Wonder of the Antarctic Peninsula & Antarctic Circle
MS Fram has the largest range of possible landing sites to enrich your expedition experience. Depending on the conditions, we will visit the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula before sailing beyond the usual limits, with the intent of making a landing south of the Polar Circle. An unforgettable experience!
Enjoy ice-cruising and landings in the Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica
See incredible wildlife in South Georgia, the “Galapagos of the Poles”
Explore as far south as possible, well beyond the limit of ordinary cruises
Get the chance to hike, camp and kayak in unforgettable landscapes
- Hurtigruten expeditioncruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Coach-class flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
- Transfers in Ushuaia, incl. an orientation tour
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- A farewell event
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule. The weather, wind and ice conditions will determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. Therefore, this itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability contingent on weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling