This expedition cruise takes you to the untouched wilderness of Antarctica and the
beautiful fjords of Chile. Join us on a fantastic adventure to explore the great white continent with ice-cruising, landings and other exciting activities, followed by a voyage of discovery to the remote and spectacular Chilean coast.
Exploring the Greatest Wilderness on Earth
After joining MS Fram in Ushuaia, we cross Drake Passage to the mighty frozen continent of Antarctica.
Our expert captain and expedition team will attempt landings to see penguins, seals, whales and huge flocks of sea birds. All our activities are carefully planned to not disturb the wildlife. There may also be chances to join an optional sea kayaking tour.
Nowhere on Earth compares with Antarctica. This is an expedition cruise that will live in your memory forever.
Cape Horn and Stunning Fjords
After unforgettable days in Antarctica, MS Fram sails safely back across Drake Passage. Cape Horn is a mystical place where two oceans meet, and we hope to go ashore here. Next, we sail to one of the most scenic national parks on Earth and into the stunning fjords of Chile. This wild, rugged and remote area seems almost untouched by humans. Deep valleys and snow-capped peaks are a stunning contrast with the lush coastal plains and their rich variety of wildlife.
Heading towards colorful Valparaíso, we sail along the beautiful Chilean Pacific coastline, a fitting finale for a truly unique and spectacular journey. Want more? Extend your trip with a post-cruise Land Adventure.
Enjoy the rare chance to explore Antarctica and Patagonia in one expedition
Get the opportunity to visit Torres del Paine National Park
Sail into the Chilean fjords and see Cape Horn in full summer bloom
Take part in landings, hiking and ice-cruising in Antarctica
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage, including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Coach-class flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Transfer in Ushuaia, incl. an orientation tour
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule. The weather, wind and ice conditions will determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. Therefore, this itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability contingent on weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling