Join this amazing expedition cruise to the highlights of Antarctica, the Falklands and Patagonia. Our expedition team will take you ice-cruising and on landings that provide opportunities to see penguins, seals, whales and other wildlife. There may also be chances to kayak among the icebergs and hike on the most remote continent on Earth.
Highlights of Antarctica
We cross Drake Passage to explore the most remote place on planet Earth, Antarctica. The Antarctic ice cap is the largest single mass of ice in the world, but amazingly, this is a wilderness teeming with life. Go ashore on landings to meet penguins in their lively colonies or on ice-cruising outings to spot for whales and seals in spectacular surroundings.
The elements rule in this wilderness, and our captain works with the conditions to create the best possible itinerary for your adventure. There may be chances to join optional kayaking tours or even hike and camp in the world´s most isolated wilderness. Antarctica is unforgettable!
A starkly contrasting natural and cultural experience awaits you on the Falkland Islands. Sheep graze next to penguin colonies in the countryside, while red English buses trundle by cozy pubs in the town of Stanley.
Patagonian Wildlife and Big City Life
Puerto Madryn, the gateway to the beautiful Valdez Peninsula, is our next destination. This area was named a UNESCO World Heritage site for its abundant wildlife. At the end of our journey, you can enjoy a taste of big city life during the late days of summer in Montevideo after disembarking MS Fridtjof Nansen.
Experience Antarctica, Patagonia, and the Falklands on one expedition cruise
See amazing wildlife: penguins, seals, whales, albatrosses and more
Go on landings and ice-cruising outings in Antarctica
Join in a wide-ranging science and activity program led by our expert expedition team
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Coach-class flight Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Transfer airport to ship in Ushuaia including an orientation tour
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-cruising and landings with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGINE ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- +All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule, and the weather, wind and ice conditions determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. Therefore, this itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability depends on weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling