Experience stunning Patagonia, the magical Falkland Islands and majestic Antarctica during one amazing expedition cruise. There will be ample opportunities to see penguins, seals, whales and other wildlife as our expert expedition team takes you ice-cruising and on landings to explore spectacular areas on this unforgettable voyage.
From Urban Adventure to Polar Highlights
This wide-ranging expedition cruise takes you from cosmopolitan Montevideo, via Patagonia and the Valdez Peninsula, to the magical Falklands, and then further south to spectacular Antarctica, and ending in Ushuaia.
Patagonia and the Fabulous Falklands
We sail south through the beautiful Patagonian coastline before setting course for the colorful Falkland Islands. Starkly contrasting wilderness and cultural experiences await you on the isles. See sheep grazing next to penguin colonies in the countryside, and red English buses trundling by cozy pubs in the town of Stanley.
We next cross Drake Passage to explore the great white continent. Antarctica is a wilderness teeming with wildlife, and our expert expedition team will use every opportunity to take you ice-cruising amidst icebergs, or on landings designed to get unobtrusively close to penguins, seals, whales and more.
There may also be chances to kayak and hike in spectacular surroundings, and perhaps even camp on the most remote continent on Earth.
Throughout the expedition cruise, our Science Center will be busy presenting fascinating lectures and offering activities to enrich your journey.
Experience Antarctica, Patagonia, the Falklands and South America on one cruise
See amazing wildlife, such as penguins, seals, whales and albatrosses
Go ashore on landings and enjoy ice-cruising in the most remote place on Earth
Enjoy a wide-ranging science and activity program led by our expert expedition team
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Montevideo before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to ship in Montevideo including city tour
- Transfer ship to airport in Ushuaia
- Coach-class flight Ushuaia to Buenos Aires
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-cruising and landings with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program with educational and Citizen Science activities that teach you about the sights you’ll see, while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
This is an expedition where the elements rule, and the weather, wind and ice conditions determine our final schedule. Safety is paramount, and the captain decides the sailing itinerary during the voyage. Therefore, this itinerary is just an indication of what you can experience, and why every expedition with Hurtigruten is unique.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling