This sailing takes you to the coastal towns and spectacular natural formations of Iceland, before crossing to Norway to witness the majesty of the world-renowned fjords. Throughout the journey, you will be amazed by the rich birdlife and natural treasures of the homelands of the Vikings.
Fire, Ice and Trolls
Mythical Iceland is the land of ice and fire, classic sagas, and summers illuminated by the Midnight Sun. Iceland’s heritage is chronicled in the ancient sagas, and its folktales are rife with mysticism, elves and trolls. Icelanders keep their heritage alive to this day. For example, if locals want to build a new road, there’s one influential group that must be consulted first - the elves.
Wild and geologically active Icelandic nature offers stunning landscapes and some of Europe's most awe-inspiring waterfalls. Erupting volcanoes and geysers dot the landscape. Experience a variety of islands, towns and settlements, spectacular views and interesting sites, accompanied by our knowledgeable expedition team.
The Norwegian Fjords
We cross the Norwegian Sea to the west coast of Norway, where we will cruise the beautiful fjords of Lysefjorden and Geiranger and enjoy the charming city of Kristiansand, before our expedition cruise comes to an end in the northern German city of Hamburg.
Explore mystical Iceland – the land of fire and ice
Sail the magnificent Norwegian fjords in fall foliage
Discover fascinating nature with waterfalls, volcanoes and glaciers side by side
Experience a paradise for bird and whale watching
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including small boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A Farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking and extended hiking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling