Join us on a beautiful coastal cruise aboard our new hybrid-powered expedition ship. See the best of Norway’s magnificent fjords as we sail through remote beauty and stop in charming towns along the way. MS Fridtjof Nansen offers premium onboard comfort and the expert guidance of our expedition team to ensure an unforgettable journey.
World Famous Scenic Beauty
Sail from Hamburg and follow Hurtigruten’s traditional coastal route on this extensive Norwegian fjord cruise with spectacular natural beauty.
Fjords and Cities
Our first stop in Norway is historic Bergen – a Hanseatic city featuring well-preserved medieval architecture and a waterfront ideal for strolling, before rejoining the ship for our trip north. We then cruise the Geirangerfjord and visit the Art Nouveau town of Ålesund, followed by Trondheim, a great city to explore by foot, and Bodø, home of the dramatic Saltstraumen tidal current.
Lofoten and the North Cape
Next is Lofoten and the classic Hurtiguten stop at Svolvær, a site of great Viking history. From there, the captain sails into magical Trollfjorden and Raftsundet.
We continue towards Tromsø – with rich Arctic exploration history and panoramic views. Stopping at Honningsvåg and Hammerfest provides opportunities to visit Norway´s northernmost town and North Cape.
Returning southbound, we sail through scenic Tjeldsundet before stopping at Reine, a Lofoten gem. We also call on the charming, picturesque town of Brønnøysund, the island city of Kristiansund, and Molde – “the City of Roses.” Værlandet is our last port of call before arriving back in Hamburg.
Discover the less-visited gems of the magnificent fjords with the experts
Sail on our advanced hybrid-powered expedition ship
See the highlights of our traditional coastal voyage
Get the chance to visit North Cape
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling