This exploration cruise takes you to stunning Baja California peninsula. We sail to islands rich in natural beauty and abundant wildlife. Enjoy the chance to unwind on white sandy beaches, swim in turquoise waters, and visit the charming towns of the Mexican Pacific coast.
Blue Seas, Beautiful Coasts
Baja California is the world's second-longest peninsula, stretching more than 745 miles south of the California border, flanked on the west by the Pacific ocean and on the east by the warm blue waters of the Sea of Cortez.
The Sea of Cortez is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most diverse marine environments on the planet. The French explorer, Jaques Cousteau, referred to it as the “world’s aquarium,” due to the abundance of marine wildlife.
Island Activity Paradise
This expedition cruise starts in La Paz and sails to explore remote islands where will use our expedition landing craft to go ashore for hiking, wildlife- and birdwatching, enjoying water activities and relaxing on white sandy beaches.
We will also visit the charming and historic town of Loreto, as well as enjoy two relaxing days at sea. On the Pacific coast, we will call on the vibrant city of Ensenada before ending the cruise in San Diego, California.
Explore authentic Baja California - islands of remote and rugged beauty
Scan for abundant marine wildlife and sea birds in “the world´s aquarium”
Enjoy relaxing on superb beaches
Visit colorful Mexican coastal towns
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts of various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling