This cruise takes you along North America’s eastern seaboard, offering a striking variety of cultures, historic sites, and dramatic natural scenery. Starting in Halifax, Canada, we discover Maine’s magnificent coast, visit Boston, and end the journey by sailing into New York City harbor past the Statue of Liberty - to experience the Big Apple.
Autumn Coast Adventure in Living Color
Sailing from Halifax, this southbound cruise calls on charming towns and cities along North America’s east coast, all decked out in spectacular fall colors. There will be ample opportunities to visit historic sites on this US and Canadian adventure. Stroll along rugged shorelines, explore bays and lnlets, taste amazing seafood and enjoy cultural attractions.
Iconic New England
We cross the Gulf of Maine to experience New England at its most iconic. The sea looms large here, with mile upon mile of jagged sea cliffs, peaceful harbors and pebble beaches.
Our first port call in Maine is charming Eastport. Next, we visit Bar Harbor, where beautiful Acadia National Park gleams in glorious autumn splendor. The classic town of Rockland offers great architecture and interesting museums and galleries and is our final stop in Maine.
Provincetown, Newport and New York
We sail south to Provincetown on Cape Cod, which welcomes you to walk along the beach and enjoy its small-town charm. Our final call is Newport, Rhode Island, where you can wander along beautiful cliffs and enjoy the views.
Our expedition cruise ends after sailing past the iconic Statue of Liberty and into New York harbor.
Discover the beautiful coast of Canada and New England, USA
Experience the small-town charm of Nova Scotia and Maine
Enjoy walking and hiking opportunities
Sail into New York harbor past the Statue of Liberty
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A Farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Visa for USA (ESTA) and Canada (ETA) - for details please see Visa information in Entry requirements