Join us for a special fall cruise along the scenic eastern seaboard of North America. Starting from Halifax, we sail south and visit charming towns and cities in Canada and New England, USA, all adorned in spectacular fall colors. We end our cruise by sailing into New York City harbor past the Statue of Liberty.
Fall Beauty and Charming Towns
Sailing from Halifax, this North America and Canada cruise calls on charming towns decked out in spectacular fall colors. There will be ample opportunity to visit historic lighthouses, take shoreline strolls, explore gorgeous bays and inlets, and sample some of the best seafood the area has to offer.
Our first destination is the friendly and historic town of Yarmouth, home to the largest fishing fleet in Atlantic Canada.
We cross the Gulf of Maine and sail along magnificent coastline. Our first port call here will be charming Eastport, a great place to explore on foot.
Next, we call on Bar Harbor where beautiful Acadia National park is radiant in fall colors. The classic New England town of Rockland is our final stop in Maine.
Provincetown, Newport and New York
Next up is Provincetown on Cape Cod, which beckons you to stroll along the beach and enjoy its famed small-town charm. Our final call will be Newport, Rhode Island, where you can walk along beautiful cliffs and enjoy elegant architecture.
We end our cruise by sailing past the Statue of Liberty into New York, giving you the chance to enjoy the city that never sleeps.
Discover New England in fall colors
Experience the small-town charm of Nova Scotia and Maine
Enjoy walking and hiking opportunities
Sail into New York harbor past the Statue of Liberty
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all cruises designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts of various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Visa for USA (ESTA) and Canada (ETA) - for details please see Visa information in Entry Requirements