Be among the few to sail in the wake of great explorers as we attempt to cruise through the legendary Northwest Passage. Experience the raw and daunting beauty of the Arctic on this rare adventure. Our advanced expedition ship is one of the few in the world capable of navigating the fabled passage in premium comfort.
In the Wake of Great Explorers
On this Northwest Passage expedition cruise, we sail in the wake of the great explorers to rediscover the remote beauty of pure Arctic wilderness. We explore in the tradition of Roald Amundsen, the first man to sail the Northwest Passage.
If the elements allow, we will sail from Cambridge Bay and venture into the archipelago of Nunavut. Making our way through the icy waters, you will be amazed by the vast expanse of pristine wilderness seen.
History, Landings and Natural Beauty
We intend to visit sites with traces of earlier expeditions. We hope to call on some of the world’s northernmost communities, explore legendary inlets, and take you on exciting small boat cruises and landings. Our expedition team seizes every chance to launch kayaks or go hiking.
Crossing Davis Strait to Greenland, we discover Inuit settlements and Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage site. We then sail back to Atlantic Canada before the expedition concludes in Halifax.
A True Expedition
Cruising this far north means sailing amidst challenging sea and ice conditions. Like explorer voyages before us, we go where the ice allows. No matter where we sail or what we see, we promise you a safe and thrilling expedition.
Be one of the few to sail through the Northwest Passage
Discover Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Spot diverse wildlife - with a good chance to see polar bears
Explore some of the most spectacular and unspoiled scenery on Earth
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in Edmonton incl. breakfast
- Coach-class flight from Edmonton to Cambridge Bay
- Transfer from Hotel to airport in Edmonton and airport to ship in Cambridge Bay
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including small boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures such as kayaking with our expedition team
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Medical questionnaire mandatory
- Visa for Canada (ETA)
See Entry requirements for more information
- This cruise is not suitable for guests using wheelchairs due to the possibility of using tender boats during embarkation or disembarkation.