Join us for a very special spring voyage! See Norway’s iconic fjords, learn about coastal culture and visit colorful fishing villages on our way north to the Arctic on our classic Sportsman’s Route. Get close to nature and experience genuine Norwegian “friluftsliv” (outdoor life) adventures.
Spring in the Fjords
Join us for a very special “Arctic spring Norway” expedition cruise to explore Norway’s 63,000 mile-long coastline along our historic Sportsman’s Route!
We take you from the verdant spring foliage of the south to the high, snowy mountains of North Norway and Svalbard under the Midnight Sun.
Local Knowledge for a Richer Experience
No one knows Norway’s coast better than Hurtigruten. MS Spitsbergen and crew share that experience when taking you to amazing Geirgangerfjord and seldom-visited smaller ports. We use our local knowledge to deliver an authentic coastal experience that no other Norwegian cruise line can match.
Our expedition team will look for great opportunities to take you kayaking, walking and hiking. See iconic landmarks on this special Norwegian coastal cruise and explore some of the country´s hidden treasures.
After exhilarating experiences along the Norwegian coast, MS Spitsbergen sails towards the Arctic wilderness of Svalbard. If conditions allow, we will attempt a landing at Bjørnøya to scout for rich wildlife. Our expedition cruise ends in the fascinating town of Longyearbyen.
Sail on an epic cruise from Norway’s spectacular fjords to Arctic Svalbard
Visit places far off the beaten track
Experience Norwegian spring in the south and winter in the north
Explore coastal communities few others visit
- Hurtigruten expeditioncruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer ship to airport in Longyearbyen
- Coach-class flight from Longyearbyen to Oslo
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking and hiking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling