Join us on an unforgettable expedition cruise as we sail from the azure waters of the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, and down along the scenic coast of South America to Valparaíso, Chile. Explore the contrasts of modern cities and historic ancient civilizations and enjoy sea days at your leisure.
A Complete South American Odyssey
Join us as we sail the warm waters of the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, and down the western coast of South America to Valparaíso, Chile on this exploration of South America.
The Famed Transit
Starting in Costa Rica, we sail south to Panama's Bocas del Toro before entering the Panama Canal. Watch MS Fram maneuver through locks, artificial canals and natural lakes. We cross the continent at 80 ft above sea level!
Ecuador, Peru and Chile
In Ecuador, we explore some of Guayaquil’s historic sites. Peru provides amazing opportunities for wildlife watching, exploring historical sights and learning about its ancient civilizations. In Chile, we visit colorful colonial towns and enjoy the Mediterranean climate.
Ocean Serenity and Wildlife
This is an extensive cruise and offers sea days to spend at your leisure. Join a lecture or simply relax and enjoy the ship’s facilities. All along the way, the expedition team shares its knowledge and inspires your curiosity and wonder.
At times, we are escorted by seabirds, and other times, by playful dolphins. We cross the equator and celebrate with King Neptune.
The mix of exceptional nature, fascinating cities, vibrant South American culture and captivating lectures make this cruise utterly unforgettable.
Explore the best of Central and South America on an expedition cruise to remember
Pass through the legendary Panama Canal
Get the chance to discover fascinating archaeological sites like Chan-Chan and the Nazca Lines
Experience rich wildlife above and below the water’s surface
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One hotel night in San José before the cruise including breakfast
- Transfer from hotel to ship in Puerto Limón including lunch and excursion
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling