Start your voyage by exploring the famous Galápagos Islands, home to an astonishing variety of native species. Then, embark on an expedition cruise along the scenic western coast of South America from Lima, Peru, down to Valparaíso in Chile. Contrast modern cities with historic ancient civilizations, and enjoy relaxing days at sea at your leisure.
See a range of wildlife in the wondrous and biologically diverse Galápagos Islands
Combine a land adventure with a cruise to unique cities along the Pacific coasts of Peru and Chile
Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites famous for archaeology or colonial architecture
Learn more about the fascinating histories and ancient cultures of Peru and Chile
Galápagos Island Program Before the Cruise
- Two nights in Quito, including breakfast and dinner on Day 2.
- Three nights at a hotel in Santa Cruz Island /Galápagos, including full board
- One night in Lima, incl. half board(breakfast and dinner)
- Coach-class flights between Quito and Baltra, and Baltra and Lima (via Guayaquil)
- All transfers, excursions, and meals as described, including an English-speaking guide
- Galápagos Islands National Park entrance fee
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with current scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, infinity pool, sauna with floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor and indoor gyms, and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the most remote and pristine waters of the world. As with all expeditions; nature prevails. Weather, and ice and sea conditions, sets the final framework for all Hurtigruten’s operations. Safety and unparalleled guest experiences are at all times our top priorities. All our planned itineraries are continuously evaluated for adaptions, whether this is due to constraints the elements unexpectedly presents – or exciting possibilities nature and wildlife offer. That is why we call it an expedition.
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
- The land-based tour to the Galápagos Islands involves long stretches of travel, walking over uneven terrain, and getting in/out of boats, as well as a climate that varies from cool at high altitudes to hot tropical weather.