Our Greenland expedition cruise explores rare natural beauty and the fascinating Inuit culture. Meet the welcoming people who thrive in this Arctic landscape as we sail among giant icebergs to such natural wonders as Disko Bay in perpetual daylight under the Midnight Sun.
Like Nowhere Else on Earth
This Greenland expedition cruise explores the Inuit’s rich culture and breathtaking nature. One highlight is the Disko Bay area, where colorful villages cling to rocky hillsides surrounding inland ice. In fact, 80% of amazing Greenland is covered by ice. Together, we will explore long fjords, glaciers and lush meadows, while hopefully encountering whales, seals and sea birds along the way.
“Kalaallit Nunaat” - Land of the People
Our itinerary invites you to discover Greenland’s amazing geography under the Midnight Sun and meet the people that call this wilderness home. This adventurous sojourn explores rarely-visited settlements and lively towns, and encourages you to discover the many attractions in Nuuk.
Close to Natural Wonders
Our landings, excursions and optional activities like kayaking and hiking give you the chance to get out and explore famous natural treasures like the UNESCO World Heritage site, Ilulissat Icefjord. Here, massive icebergs emerge into the sea from the enormous Sermeq Kujalleq glacier, part of the Greenlandic inland ice sheet.
These are just some reasons to visit Greenland, but our expedition cruise adds more by starting and ending in fascinating Iceland, providing you the opportunity to explore the land of fire and ice before or after your cruise.
Combine the exploration of pristine Greenland nature with fascinating Inuit
Begin and end your journey in Iceland - a great opportunity to explore further
Discover Greenland’s immaculate beauty under the Midnight Sun
Sail into lovely Disko Bay
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including small boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBAORD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and saunas with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions