Come with us on an extended expedition cruise where you can truly immerse yourself in the many winter charms of the Norwegian coast. Visit charming villages and cities and venture on included and optional winter activities. Experience the Polar Night and the Northern Lights above the Arctic Circle.
Our definitive winter expedition, featuring hand-picked highlights and hidden gems
Spend over ten days above the Arctic Circle, under the active Auroral Zone
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a panoramic sauna, and outdoor and indoor gyms
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Trekking poles and head lamps available, if necessary
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the most remote and pristine waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature comes first. The weather, ice, and sea conditions have the final say in all of Hurtigruten’s operations. Safety and unparalleled guest experiences are our top priorities at all times.
All our itineraries are continuously evaluated in order to adapt them, either due to constraints from unexpected weather conditions, or, on the positive side, due to exciting nature and wildlife possibilities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected