This cruise takes you to the most scenic fjords and glaciers in Alaska. Experience Misty Fjords, with its endless waterfalls, and Tracy Arm Fjord, with the bluest glaciers imaginable. Explore the northernmost rainforest in the world and spot wildlife. Visit Alaska’s famous Hubbard Glacier and explore beautiful Prince William Sound.
Wildlife in the Wilderness
Starting in Canada’s vibrant city, Vancouver, we leave the urban world behind and journey towards one of the world’s last frontiers - Alaska. Along the way, we explore the rich diversity of Alaskan wildlife, from whales, orcas and sea lions, to bears, sea otters and seals.
Rich Diversity of Cultures
Stopping in small towns and villages, each with its own history and roots, we will see how Alaskan culture evolved. Visit Petersburg with its Norwegian heritage and discover the gold rush towns of Haines, Juneau and Ketchikan, the Tlingit native village at Icy Strait Point and the fishing town of Wrangell. These communities live in the midst of powerful nature, where eagles soar over the streets and bears sometimes wander.
This exceptional cruise takes you to some of Alaska’s most impressive natural wonders – the wilderness of Misty Fjords, a land of waterfalls and lush rainforests; spectacular Tracy Arm Fjord, where glaciers and forests meet; and stunning Hubbard Glacier, which calves icebergs into the sea. We also sail through impressive Prince William Sound, a maze of endless glaciers where whales frolic and mountains mirror in the waters below.
Discover Southeast Alaska, Gulf of Alaska and Prince William Sound on one cruise
Enjoy two full days in Prince William Sound
See many of Alaska’s most famous glaciers
Scout for wildlife from whales, seals and sea birds, to bears and otters
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer from ship in Seward to hotel in Anchorage
- One overnight in Anchorage after the voyage, incl. breakfast
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- Visa for U.S. and Canada - for details please see Visa information in our Entry requirements