This expedition cruise ranges from gold rush outposts to native lands with intricately carved totem poles. We call on towns with Russian and Norwegian heritage, as well as lively historic fishing villages. Our captain takes every opportunity to truly explore Alaska – the land of ever-changing scenery, rich wildlife, glaciers, rainforests and waterfalls.
Wonderland of Glaciers
Starting in Seward, we will spend a day exploring the glacier wonderland of College Fjord before setting off to cross the Gulf of Alaska, known for its abundant marine life. We will also visit another iconic site of Alaska – Hubbard Glacier, the largest tidewater glacier in North America.
Grand Scale of Wilderness
The scale and grandeur of Alaska is hard to describe. There is awesome beauty at every turn – from glaciers and mountains, to thick evergreen rainforests, fjords, and sheer cliffs with waterfalls cascading off their sides. In tranquil bays and coves, bears roam and eagles soar from tree to tree.
Alaska’s towns and villages offer rich stories and origins. There is strong Russian history and Norwegian heritage, gold rush towns with their saloons, and native villages adorned with totem poles and intricate carvings.
Known as the Last Frontier, Alaska is a wildlife paradise. Whales spend summers feeding in Alaskan waters. Bears roam the sea shores and catch salmon in rivers. Sea lions group on rocky outcrops, otters play in kelp beds, and seals float on icebergs in the fjords. There is nowhere else on Earth quite like Alaska.
Experience the highlights of the Inside Passage and Gulf of Alaska
Explore the largest tidewater glacier in North America – Hubbard Glacier
Spend time whale-watching and spotting rich Alaskan wildlife
Discover the amazing cultural diversity of Alaskan towns and villages
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- One overnight in Anchorage before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer from hotel to ship in Seward
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling