Join us on this expedition cruise along North America’s west coast. Enjoy late spring in legendary cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. Admire the views of rugged natural beauty and see some of the world´s most iconic landmarks as we sail north along the coasts of California, Oregon, and Washington.
Spend one week discovering the Pacific west coast of North America as we call on modern cities and charming towns along the way.
California's Golden Coast
We sail from colorful San Diego to explore California's golden beaches, rolling hills, and award-winning wine regions. We visit the iconic sights of Los Angeles before making our way to the small port city of Monterey, where you can wander through the historic quarter and enjoy a range of uniquely Californian experiences. Next up is the world-famous Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco, where you can explore the hills and valleys of this elegant “City by the Bay.”
North to Rugged Beauty
We continue north along the Pacific coast to enjoy two full days at sea. Many whales, various marine species and sea birds thrive in these nutrient-rich waters, so keep a sharp watch out from deck!
We sail past Washington State's rugged coastline and mist-shrouded mountains into the Pacific Northwest’s largest city, Seattle, where we enjoy its many exciting attractions and explore nearby natural beauty.
Finally, we sail northbound into British Columbia, Canada, a province of vast rainforests and fjord-like channels, and end our cruise in cosmopolitan Vancouver.
Experience a fantastic expedition cruise giving you the best of the west
Enjoy late spring´s pleasant temperatures and blooming flowers
See the full west coast: starting in San Diego and ending in Vancouver, Canada
Watch for abundant marine wildlife and sea birds
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Transfer from ship to hotel in Vancouver
- One hotel night in Vancouver after the voyage including breakfast
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail through
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the purest and most remote waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Safety is always our top priority. We continuously evaluate our cruises to adapt to unexpected weather, ice and sea conditions, and exciting nature opportunities. That’s why we call it an expedition.
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling