Additional Included Highlights
- Kathmandu sightseeing: See Durbar Square and the ancient Royal Palace complex
- Visit the holy shrine of Swayambhunath and Patan's temple of Teleju, the Statue of Yogendra Malla and a Tibetan Handicraft Centre. Thimphu: Orientation tour through the city centre. Punakha: Visit Punakha Dzong. Punakha: Walk to Chimi Lhakhang temple see magnificent views over the Losesa valley. Paro: Visit Kyichu Lakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines in the Kingdomand Drugyel Dzong, built to commemorate the 1646 victory over the Tibetan invaders.
- Kathmandu: Join your Travelling Concierge and mingle with your fellow guests during your Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Paro: Try your hand at cooking some local Bhutanese delicacies in our cooking demonstration with a local chef. See if you can handle the hot red chillies or perhaps the local Bhutanese cheese would be more to your taste?
- Kathmandu: During your Celebration Dinner indulge in delicious Nepalese cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Kathmandu: Ride by rickshaw through the bustling streets of the Thamel district.
- Paro: Join a leisurely hike to Taktshang Monastery known as the Tiger's Nest. The hike is a round-trip of about five hours, so it's a good idea to bring comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Ta Dzong: Visit Bhutan's National Museum to see the impressive collection of art and relics.
- Thimpu: Sightseeing with a Local Expert includes the National Library, Zorig Chusum (Arts and Crafts School), Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, National Memorial Chorten and Tasichhodzong, the fortress of the glorious religion.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Punakha: The Dhensa Boutique Resort sits in lush Punakha Valley and offers spectacular views.
- Paro: Have VIP treatment at a special traditional mask dance and cultural show. A key way that Bhutanese people pass on their social values to the next generation, this show includes a spectrum of entertainment bringing elements of folk, song, music all in ornate costumes and masks.
- Kathmandu: Meet a local who has summited Everest and learn about the role played by Sherpa people in Everest expeditions.