- Munich: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious Lebkuchen with a fragrant cup of Glühwein, available on trips that visit Munich Christmas Market.
- Hall in Tirol: Perfectly situated in a 700-year-old building in the charming town of Hall in Tirol, savour a medieval banquet of Austrian specialties with wine.
- Heidelberg: Toast the culmination of your travels at a rousing Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling over Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will enjoy festive Highlight Dinners which will replace an included meal.
- Salzburg: Walk through the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace, where the 'Do, Re, Mi' scene was filmed for 'The Sound of Music.' Your Local Expert will also show you Mozart’s birthplace on the Getreidegasse, the domed cathedral and the splendid Residenz Fountain.
Stay in Style
- Mainz: The Hilton Mainz is a traditional hotel set in an ideal location to explore the historic Old Town.
- Munich: The Westin Grand Munich is a modern hotel located in the fashionable Bogenhausen district.
- Lucerne: Set in a stunning location, the modern Hotel Astoria offers three award-winning restaurants and a rooftop garden, lounge and bar.
Top Rated Highlights
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere on select departures.
- Mainz: Witness half-timbered houses and Baroque buildings surrounding the magnificent Dom Cathedral.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg is a fairytale come true at any time of year. In December it dazzles with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and buildings. See the animated town clock and explore the most well-preserved medieval town in Germany.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.
- Innsbruck: Visit Wilten Basilica.
- Innsbruck: During your orientation you will see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride, surrounded by the mountains and valleys of Tyrol.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family’s residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Lucerne: A spectacular journey by cable car to the summit of Mount Pilatus offers expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne.
- Lucerne: See the covered wooden bridges, Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Rhine Falls: Visit these spectacular falls.
- Heidelberg: See the red sandstone castle and explore the baroque Old Town with your Travel Director.
- Scenic Drives: Venture along part of Germany’s Romantic Road and past Lake Chiemsee, through the Arlberg region and the scenic Black Forest, past Walensee Lake in Switzerland.